Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Most Favorite Person: A Profile of Joe

Chantel Blake
Professor Hepworth
English 101-04
5 February 2007

My Most Favorite Person:
A Profile of Joe

Many people have come and gone in my life, but there is one person that will always be in my life and I will treasure forever. We met each other three years ago at Orofino High School, in band class. This special person I am talking about is my boyfriend, Joe.
Joe is 6'0", with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has a round face with facial hair on his upper lip and his chin. Joe has broad shoulders and has many scars on his hands and arms, including a ‘J’ that was burned into his arm by his friend. Joe was born in Nampa, Idaho, January 18, 1987, and lived there for 16 years. He lived in Nampa with his mother, Katrina, step-father, Terry, and younger brother, Daniel. They also had two dogs, a yellow Sharpie, named Chop, and a black Healer with gray spots, named Jake.
Joe and his family moved to Orofino, Idaho the summer of 2004. They moved to a trailer on the outside of city limits, along Orofino Creek. Orofino Creek is surrounded by many trees and wild life, and is a very quiet place away from the cars driving by on the road, and it has a very calm atmosphere about it. His family lived on Orofino Creek for one year, then they moved to a green, three story house, that has a tree in the front yard and a cement wall along the edge of the yard. Joe’s mom also has many plants that she growing all over the yard in planters lining the walk way up the house. She also has a little garden in front of their porch, where she grows green beans and peas. In the back yard is a fireplace built into the hill. Behind their house
are many trees, and a stair case that leads to the raised back yard that circles around the house. Their house is located behind a restaurant called the Ponderosa, the Post Office, and next door to the White Pine Motel.
Joe is the kind of person that looks like he has a tough outside layer and that he would keep to himself. Whenever he wears his green John Deer hat, blue jeans, and his Carhartt jacket, he looks very serious, because you can’t see his eyes and looks very big and strong, but if you really get to know him he is the nicest, most easy-going person you will ever meet. If you ever needed help with something, Joe would help the best that he could, or if you just need someone to talk to, he will always be there for you no matter what.
Joe started a band with his friends Aaron, Chris and Davey on December 16,2005. They call themselves Awkward Silence Joe plays the drums, and is excellent at them. He has been playing drums since he was 12 years old. Aaron is the singer, Chris plays guitar, and Davey plays bass. Joe knows how to make anyone laugh and can solve almost any situation. He has such an outgoing personality, that anywhere he goes he makes friends with anyone. Joe and I have a lot of fun together, too. We "hang out" together and watch movies, play games, and do a bunch of silly things. Joe and I can talk about anything and everything, we fight occasionally, but we always resolve our problems.
I believe that people are learning new things everyday, and Joe has taught me, and tried to teach me, many things. He is always trying to teach me about automobiles, about the different types of engines, what each part of the engine does, different tires and pretty much everything to do with cars. He also tries to teach me about how to relax and just let things happen and not to worry so much, but like I said, I’m learning new things everyday. He has taught me to open my mind up to different things, such as music. I have only listened to on type of music, but by being around Joe and his band mates, my eyes opened up to another genre of music, metal.
He has taught me many useful things as well. He taught me how to check the oil in my truck, which I am thankful for, now that I’m on my own. He also taught me the correct way to punch so I don’t break my hand. That particular information I may never use, but I might some day.
I could have picked anyone to write about for this essay, but I chose Joe because he is possibly the most special and most important person in my life. He was the first person that popped into my head as soon as we received this assignment, and I know more about him than any of the other people in my life, besides my family members. He is a very caring person, and I hope that I portrayed him that way.